Alabama State Games Archery Competition
FITA Tournament: June 9-11
Registration Opens March 1, 2017
A FITA Tournament format will be offered for 2017. Event will be for youth and adults. Saturday competition is for ranking and Sunday is head to head competition.
Come and enjoy the outdoors at Dothan's tranquil 200-acre park. We have spacious grounds so you can picnic, fly kites, play volleyball in the sand court, hit tennis balls, or take a walk on a 2-mile walking trail or a boardwalk. Kids can ride a bicycle or enjoy two playgrounds. Adults can relax under a tree with a good book and enjoy the fishing in one of our two ponds.
- $30 per archer - Bowmen (12 and under), Cub (13-14), Cadet (15-18), Adult, Senior, Master (50+)
- $40 per archer - Bowmen (12 and under), Cub (13-14), Cadet (15-18), Adult, Senior, Master (50+)
- USA Archery Rules and By-Laws Apply
- No camo, short or cut-off shorts or halter tops. Blue jeans are permitted.
- Combound bows are restricted to 60# draw weight max.
- Arrows are restricted to a max of 9.3 mm shaft diameter. With aluminum shafts, this would include all shafts of 23 diameter except the 2317. Shafts currently produced in the 23 size catergory and legal under the 9.3 mm rule are the 2312, 2314, and 2315 (as of April 1, 2001). Anything larger is not legal.
- No eletronics. This also means nothing electronic on the bow to light up the sight.
- 3-1/2 minutes for 6 arrows. We will shoot AB/BA (alternate shooting first and second on the line)
- Whistle Commands: 1 blast = start shooting, 2 blast = come to the shooting, 3 blast = retrieve arrows, and 5 blast = all shooting stops immediatly.
Additional Event Information
Additional information about Archery and the overall Alabama State Games event activities, including Opening Ceremony, can be found in the tabbed section below. Use the tabs on the left to reveal the section you want to view.
Alabama State Games Hospitality Patrons
The Alabama State Games Hospitality Patrons support the games by donating equipment, food for volunteers and supplies as well as monetary donations. We would never be able to pull of the Alabama State Games without these organizations. Please take the time to support these fine companies.